' Self-watering pots'
The AutoPot One-Pot Systems are versatile modular growing systems that are a great choice for a variety plants.
The secret behind the AutoPot System is the AquaValve contained within each pot which is responsible for governing the amount of water fed to your plants. The Aquavalve delivers water and nutrients to the bottom of the pot as the plant needs it, without using any electricity! For more information on how the AquaValve works see the 'videos' tab.
If you require a simple, low-maintenance, inexpensive way of growing, the plant-driven AutoPot System is for you.
- Automatically provides your plants with nutrient
- No need for a pumps or timers
- Minimum system maintenance
- Can be left for long periods without any worry
- Does not waste water, environmentally friendly.
AutoPot systems are suitable for use with a wide range of growing media. We have extensively used AutoPots in the Aquaculture greenhouse and have found the best growing media is Coco Coir. For more information on other suitable growing media see the 'Tips' tab.
The AutoPot one pot systems are also available as a 1, 2, 4, 6 and 24 pot kit. Each system can easily be extended to suit your needs by buying more One Pot Modules.
- An automatic and efficient supply of water and nutrients, which means less maintenance for you.
- With the AutoPot, you get convenience – even if you’re away for the a few days at a time you can be sure to get great results.
- The AutoPot creates a wet/dry cycle for fast and healthy growth.
- Very User friendly
- The AutoPot is a plant-driven system, which means there's no need for electricity or pump.
- It's ideal for a range of plant types.
- Inexpensive to buy and maintain
- It's easily expandable by adding more pots
|12||AutoPot 1 Pot Module|
|1||Water Storage Tank 200L
|1||Tank Stand 200L|
|1||In-line Filter 13mm|
|6||AutoPot 13>4mm X Connector|
|2||Flow Control Tap 13mm|
|12||Flexi Tube 13mm M|
If you are planning on extending any of the AutoPot kits the following recommendations on modules numbers will help. AutoPot One Pot or Easy2Grow modules can be used.
|Tank Connection Kit||Number of Modules|
|47L||Up to 4|
|100L||Up to 10|
|200L||Up to 24|
Please note that theoretically there is no minimum or maximum amount of AutoPot modules you can use from one tank. The more modules that are added the quicker the nutrient solution in the tank is used up. We recommend the above number of modules for a manageable system.
Coco coir: Comes highly recommended for use with the AutoPot systems due its water and nutrient holding properties. For best results mix with 10-25% perlite or 30% coir chips.
Grodan Grow Cubes: These works well with AutoPots due to the cubes good capillary action while maintaining good air space for the roots. When using these rockwool grow cubes not use clay pebbles in the base of the pot.
Compost/Soil: Can deliver great results if used properly. Use a 2-3cm layer of clay pebbles in the bottom and add 10-25% perlite if not already added. Use low nutrient strengths in the tank to avoid over-fertilisation. Do not use with organic nutrients like BioBizz or BIOCANNA.
Perlite + Vermiculite: A great inert alternative to coco coir and compost is perlite and vermiculite. Use a 2cm layer clay pebbles in the bottom of the pot and mix 75% perlite with 25% vermiculite. Perlite can be used on its own, but better nutrient retention will occur with added vermiculite.