'Essential for Re-circulating Hydroponic Systems'
Measuring the strength of the nutrient solution is a must to ensure best possible results. This is particularly important when using re-circulating hydroponic systems, in which the electrical conductivity (EC) can rise or fall as the nutrient solution re-circulates. Such hydroponic systems are NFT Gro-Tanks, IWS Flood and Drain Systems and Amazon Aeroponic systems.
Rigorously tested in the Aquaculture greenhouse, this entry level EC meter from HM Digital is proven to be highly reliable and well-priced, perfect for growers on a budget. Features include:
- A 'hold' function to save measurements.
- Auto-off after 10 minutes to save battery life.
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Built-in digital thermometer.
- Factory calibrated.
- 3-year warranty.
The HM Digital EC Meter's 1000 hour battery life is surprisingly good considering it only uses 2x 1.5v watch batteries (included with every pen). Although this meter is robust, it will not survive being dropped in water. For water-resistant and water-proof meters, please look at the Essentials Digital, Essentials Pro and Blue Lab Truncheon.
- Range: 0 - 9990 µS (µS/cm)
- Temp. Range: 0 - 80 degrees Celsius
- Resolution: 1 µS; 10 µS, 0.1 degree Celsius
- Accuracy: +/- 2%
- ATC: Built-in sensor for Automatic Temperature Compensation of 1 to 50o C (33 to 122o F)
- Power source: 2 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
- Battery life: 1000 hours of usage
- Dimensions: 15.5 x 3.1 x 2.3cm (6.1 x 1.25 x 1 inches)
PLEASE NOTE: The HM Digital EC Meter measures the conductivity in µS/cm. To convert to EC or CF, simply divide by 1000 or 100 respectively. The meter also has a 3-digit display; so for nutrient solution above a reading of 999 µS (0.999 EC), you will notice a x10 symbol. For example:
µS EC CF
200 0.2 2
160 x10 1.6 16
All HM-Digital EC-3 Meters from Aquaculture come complete with a laminated EC conversion chart for quick and easy reference.